The Way of the Lotus Retreat
Time & Location
About The Event
Join me on a peaceful weekend retreat experience at the Windhorse Center, nestled in the beautiful kettles of Plymouth, WI, January 19-21st, 2018. All retreats blend, yoga, breath-work, chanting as well as solo, dyad and social meditation techniques to offer a truly life-changing experience.
Meditation and yoga can open us up to see the world with greater balance and equanimity by learning to break the cycle of our habitual tendency to struggle against what is happening to us and within us. In time we can start to live with greater ease and freedom by learning to befriend our difficulties rather than back away.
Shared room: $275 | Single room: $325* , price includes all meals
A $50 non-refundable deposit is due, once accepted, to hold your spot.
Full tuition is due by December 18th. You will receive an invoice via email once accepted.
*Please note that Windhorse has a cabin vibe (in the sweetest, melt-your-heart way). That said, there are very few single rooms available; first come, first serve.
Fill out the registration form or email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org; include details to the following questions:
● What brings you to retreat? What is your heart telling you?
● What is your current practice in yoga and meditation?
● What is your rooming preference?
● Do you have any allergies or dietary restrictions?
● Do you have any additional questions? ￼￼
Introduction and Preparation:
● Advice: Whether you have attended 100 retreats or 0, approach with an open mind and heart. Spend some time in reflection before your arrival to best understanding why you are taking this time for yourself. Also, understand that we must always start where we are. While it is important to get some practice (yoga/ meditation) in before your arrival, the practice instruction offered will be suited to develop a deeper appreciation of your current practice and may create pathways to new ones. Enter retreat feeling prepared (less is more).
● What to Pack: Bring layers- we will be spending some time outdoors . A small flashlight/ headlamp
○ Sunscreen and bug repellent (warmer months) ○ Appropriate shoes for trekking outdoors ○ Yoga clothes, mat and journal ○ 1-2 Bath towels (all bedding is included)
● Conduct: Sorry party animals.. No smoking or alcohol will be permitted during the course of this retreat. I ask that cell phone use be avoided or minimal during your stay to enhance practice.
● Continuity: Just as we prepare for retreat, it is also important to continue your practice when you get home. Notice if you cling to the experience and work to bring some of the experienced relaxation and clarity into your daily life. Feel free to review your retreat experience with me so that we can work together to investigate the path to continued spiritual growth. While you are still inspired, beginning thinking of your next retreat.