Fri, Nov 16|
Windhorse Retreat Center
The World is Our Teacher Local Retreat
Waitlist Only! At the heart of spirituality and social activism is an engaged practice. In a world that feels upside down, we come out of disassociation through the power of paying attention to what is really going on instead of how we want things to be.
Time & Location
Nov 16, 2018, 7:00 PM – Nov 18, 2018, 12:00 PM
Windhorse Retreat Center, W7110 Co Rd U, Plymouth, WI 53073, USA
About The Event
Join me on a peaceful weekend retreat experience at the Windhorse Center, nestled in the beautiful kettles of Plymouth, WI, November 16-18, 2018. All retreats blend, yoga, breath-work, chanting as well as solo, dyad and social meditation techniques to offer a truly enriching experience.
At the heart of spirituality and social activism is an engaged practice. In a world that feels upside down, we come out of disassociation through the power of paying attention to what is really going on instead of how we want things to be. Let's practice in community to create a culture of nowness that seeks to flourish.
Shared room: $325 | Single room: $375*, price includes all lodging, meals and practice.
A $100 non-refundable deposit is due, once accepted, to hold your spot. Full tuition is due within 30 days of invoice receipt. You will receive an invoice via email once accepted. Cancellation must be made within 48 hours of retreat start to receive a full refund of your fee (less deposit). Special conditions may be applied in the event of emergency. Retreat participants that need to cancel, may receive priority to move to a future retreat.
*Few single rooms available; first come, first serve.
Please note, your application is not guaranteed. Click to register and fill-out required questions. It is not required to have a previous yoga or meditation practice. You will receive an email confirming your acceptance. <3
Introduction and Preparation:
● Advice: Whether you have attended 100 retreats or 0, approach with an open mind and heart. Spend some time in reflection before your arrival to best understanding why you are taking this time for yourself. Also, understand that we must always start where we are. While it is important to get some practice (yoga/ meditation) in before your arrival, the practice instruction offered will be suited to develop a deeper appreciation of your current practice and may create pathways to new ones. Enter retreat feeling prepared (less is more).
● What to Pack: Bring layers- we will be spending some time outdoors .* Slippers or warm socks are recommended within the house as shoes are not permitted. *It's hunting season- please bring blaze orange hat/ gloves if you plan to hike outside of the Windhorse property.
○ Sunscreen and bug repellent (warmer months) ○ Appropriate shoes for trekking outdoors ○ Yoga clothes, mat and journal ○ 1-2 Bath towels (all bedding is included)
● Conduct: Sorry party animals.. No smoking or alcohol will be permitted during the course of this retreat. I ask that cell phone use be avoided or minimal during your stay to enhance practice.
● Continuity: Feel free to review your retreat experience with me so that we can work together to investigate the path to continued spiritual growth. While you are still inspired, beginning thinking of your next retreat.