Time & Location
Apr 24, 2021, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Zoom or Heart Center
About The Event
Help us welcome our 3rd trip around the sun with 108 Sun Salutations! This practice is led by Meg, Michelle, Gino, Ally and Rose. Modifications are welcome and celebrated! Join us online or in center! Your contributions will go directly to our Spring cleaning and beautification efforts.
Getting ready for a mala!
- Use the restroom first - one less thing to worry about
- No jumping to transition during the sun salutation, unless necessary.
- Don't worry about counting! Our teachers will count for you.
- Take out extra fidgeting and adjusting in your movements, save your energy and move as efficiently as you can.
- Don’t speed up, try to keep the pace to conserve your energy and move as a team effort.
- If you can’t keep the pace, either make a modification or take a break. Rose will offer an adaptive form along with other modifications.
- Breathe, and breathe louder than your thoughts when they try to distract you.
- It’s a journey and an experience, it shifts and changes throughout the process. During a yoga mala your thoughts might oscillate between critiquing yourself, despair of when will this end, to hope, lightness, euphoria, and bliss. This is how the mind works, and the yoga mala really puts it under a microscope. Roll with it, and keep bringing your focus back to here and now - and to your breath and movements.
- Let the breath of those around you, and the energy of those around you carry you through..it is a team effort. This is a journey, we are on it individually but also together as a team effort. We support one another with our effort, breath, and endurance. You will carry one another at different times. You’re stronger than you think. Sometimes the most advanced practice looks like rest! Choose you!
For in-center practice, please note our Covid precautions. Masks are required