Sat, Feb 15|
Heart of Mexico Retreat 2025 | San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Join Vanessa and Meg on a journey to bring the Heart Sangha to the Heart of Mexico. Located in Mexico's central highlands in the state of Guanajuato, San Miguel de Allende is known for its baroque Spanish architecture, thriving arts scene, & one of the most impressive gastronomic scenes in Mexico.
Time & Location
Feb 15, 2025, 6:00 AM – Feb 22, 2025, 8:00 PM
Casa Angelitos, Faroles 3, Arcos de San Miguel, 37740 San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico
About The Event
Join Vanessa and Meg on a journey to bring the Heart Sangha to the Heart of Mexico. Located in Mexico's central highlands in the state of Guanajuato, San Miguel de Allende is known for its baroque Spanish architecture, thriving arts scene, and one of the most impressive gastronomic scenes in all of Mexico.
This UNESCO World Heritage Site is characterized by its cobblestone streets, enchanting colored colonial buildings dripping in bougainvillea, and beautiful churches. Be sure to pack your walking shoes as we'll get to know this quaint, walkable city like a local. Rated as one of Mexico's safest cities, our main mode of transportation for the week will be our feet.
This trip has been planned with intention to support the local people through eco-tourism. Voted “Best of the Best of Travellers’ Choice 2023” on Tripadvisor, our hotel, Casa Angelitos is a stunning Mexican villa. Casa Angelitos supports the local community in a variety of ways. Our daily breakfast is supplied through Vía Orgánica - a local nonprofit organization promoting the knowledge and practice of organic regenerative agriculture, fair trade, social justice, sustainable living and the protection of the planet. We will have an opportunity to visit the farm and make traditional tamales. This one of many gastronomical experiences. This trip is truly built for foodies with rooftop dinners and al fresco meals each evening.
Your package includes:
- Our accommodations at Casa Angelitos -Private room with ensuite bathroom ($2750) -Shared (2 beds) room with ensuite bathroom ($2250) -Daily Organic Breakfast -Complimentary potable water & bottles -Daily homemade tea & coffee -Evening turndown service & housekeeping
- Daily rooftop/al fresco dinner at hand-selected local favorites
- Ground transportation services to and from QRO airport
- Guided meditation and yoga practices offered by Vanessa and Meg twice+ daily
- Wireless Internet
- All excursions -Trip to Via Organica with traditional tamale cooking class -Guided hike + entry to Botanical Gardens -Local Market Tour + Cooking Class -Trip to La Gruta hot springs -Local vineyard visit + tasting
- Optional onsite massage services
Tentatively, we plan to arrive in Santiago de Querétaro (QRO) in the evening of Saturday, February 15th with ground transport to San Miguel (1 hour). Ground transport will be provided back to the airport on Saturday, February 22nd. Additionally you can choose to fly into León, Guanajuato. Please feel free to reach out directly to us should you have specific questions or concerns.
Once your booking is approved, a $500 non-refundable deposit is due for each guest. All payments are due no later than September 1st, 2024. All guests will require a valid international passport that is less than 6 months from expiration. No visa is required for travel at this time.
*Note that your Package does not include airfare, or spa treatments. Trip insurance is strongly recommended and an agent will be provided to you.